Location, location, location! Downtown Toronto. Easy walk or subway ride to all major attractions in the city. 15 minute walk to famous Yorkville, Casa...
Lovingly restored Victorian in leafy Beach
Lovingly restored Victorian in leafy Beach
Cette semaineMember since
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 chambres
- Couchages 6
- 3 salles de bain
Our beautiful old red brick home circa 1880 has been completely renovated as our labour of love. We have kept the original character of the house with its many unique period features while fitting in all the comforts required for family living.
We are situated in a trendy family friendly neighbourhood with mature trees, parks, restaurants, coffee shops etc known as " the Beach" due to its proximity to Lake Ontario. There is a boardwalk along beach as well as a bike trail. It is hugely popular and a great place for families and people of all ages to enjoy.
Our home is comfortably furnished completely with antiques, so, not suitable for children. The spacious rooms with high ceilings are flooded with sunlight from south facing windows. The large living room has a wood burning fireplace and is open to entry hall and dining room. The kitchen is full of character with marble counters and stainless steel appliances. The cabinets were custom made using re-claimed trim from old houses the same vintage as ours, so they look like they could be original. I love to cook so kitchen is well equipped. The kitchen sliding door opens to a large sunny west facing deck and spacious garden which has plenty of privacy despite having friendly, quiet neighbours close by.
The back staircase, (seen in kitchen photos) the second one, is a shortcut up to the two large main bedrooms on the second floor. Both of these bedrooms have queen beds and new mattresses, one memory foam the other super plush. This floor has a bathroom with huge old clawfoot tub original to house, great for soaking! There is another room, formerly a bedroom, now used as a bit of an office/library that leads to next staircase to third floor.
The third floor bedroom is 900sq' complete with two new and super comfy twin beds, shower ensuite, balcony, skylight and windows in all directions. It is wonderful and bright and extremely quiet.
The lowest floor below grade, houses a third bathroom, with shower.
Ideally located in high demand area close to plenty of public transport to downtown Toronto. Toronto is a clean, safe, vibrant multi-cultural city. The variety of cultures makes for a great foodie town. There are distinct ethnic neighbourhoods in the city, so if you are looking to try a specific food from anywhere in the world you will find it here!
We keep our home very clean and tidy, expect the same and would do likewise for yours.
Non-smokers only please.
Experienced exchangers! We were fortunate to have experienced 5 exchanges through a different organization when our children were young. Four of them were great, the other not so much as the house was not as clean as we would expect. We understand the responsibility entrusted to us by our exchange partner and treat the home with even more care than we do our own. We always endeavour to leave it in pristine condition.
Have family in Canmore, Alberta so happy to go there anytime.
Would love to visit New York, NY for short term exchange.
Anywhere close to London, England would be brilliant!
Uzes region, Provence ....especially in winter!
Montreal, Mont Tremblant, Golf destinations.
Please see websites below for more information on Toronto and Beach area.
- Résidence principale
- Télé par câble
- Pas d'animaux
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- Retired professional non-smoking empty nest couple who love traveling. Normally travel on our own, but may want to have with another couple travel with us.
- Experienced Exchangers! We love our home and will do all we can to make your exchange comfortable and fun!
- We enjoy exploring pretty villages and beautiful old cities. Appreciate architecture, art, design, antiques, history.
Where is it?
- Tabouleh, Cool Runnings, Lolita's Lust, ViVetha, Hanoi 3 Seasons, Queen Margarite Pizza, Thai House
- Bars cool
- Ceilidh Cottage, Murphy's Law, Rosewater Supper Club, Beech Tree,
- Cafés sympas
- Bonjour Brioche, Merchants of Green Coffee, Balzac's in Distillery District
- Cure shopping
- Yorkville, Queen West, Leslieville, Distillery District
- Un peu de culture
- Toronto International Film Festival, Toronto Symphony, National Ballet, Art Gallery of Ontario, Theatre, Music Festivals & Concerts galore
- Promenades au parc
- Nature Trail at bottom of street, boardwalk at beach 2kms from house,
- Un peu d'exercice
- Skating rinks in winter at beach, Toronto city hall and 3 blocks away. Tennis courts on street. Bike, in- line skate or run the 56km Martin Goodman Trail
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Toronto Island, Niagara Falls, Shaw Festival at Niagara-on-the Lake, Stratford Festival
Perfect for families and groups looking to enjoy Toronto hassle free: fully equipped condo with washer/Dryer, indoor parking and swimming pool, Sauna, Gym,...
This is an 1830s "Loyalist" farmhouse that has been completely restored and is furnished with painted "Canadiana" antiques. It is located on 100 acres of...