Our beautiful home backs on to a nature reserve with miles of bike and walking trails that connect you around Calgary and surrounding area. We are a 15 min...
Three bedroom, three full bathroom, open concept home
Three bedroom, three full bathroom, open concept home
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 chambres
- Couchages 4
- 3 salles de bain
We purchased our terrific home in 2011, just prior to getting married. Since then we have completed some renovations and made our home nice and cozy. We have added a wood burning stove to our basement, which is capable of heating the entire house and is absolutely perfect for cuddling beside after you come home from a day out at the mountains.
We have three full bathrooms, and a large master bedroom with ensuite, with a large closet area. Our house is an open concept home, with lots of natural light shining in daily.
Our basement is nice and cozy with a large television to watch movies on in the evenings, with very comfortable couches.
We have a heated three car garage which is situated in our back yard, with a paved ally way as it's access. Our neighbourhood is quaint, and there are people of all ages living here. There are two parks situated within a two minute walking distance, with basketball courts, parks, and soccer fields, as well as frisbee golf.
As our home is in Red Deer, we are just a drive away from multiple mountains to ski on. There is also a ski hill situated in Red Deer, called Canyon Ski Hill, one of the very best city ski hills in Alberta. It is absolutely great for learning, and has rentals available if required.
There are also multiple golf courses all around Central Alberta which are worth a try if you enjoy a good golf game. Every skill level can play here as our courses range from family friendly par three courses to award winning par 4 professional golf courses.
Our home is just a five minute drive away from the highway, making it very easy to get around the city, as well as trips to Calgary, Edmonton, Canmore, Banff, or any other destination.
We also have a 2006 Toyota Corolla which would be available if needed.
- Résidence principale
- Adaptée aux enfants
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- We're a young couple ready for adventure!
- Aaron is a heavy duty mechanic as well as a farmer, and Megan is a Registered Psychiatric Nurse. We are actually hoping to find part time jobs during our stay to see what work is like all the way across the world.
- Aaron has been to New Zealand before individually, and we can't wait to go together.
Where is it?
- Red Deer has the most restaurants per capita in Alberta. Many new restaurants are added each year. There are multiple restaurants featuring Asian cuisine, as well as traditional Alberta grub. Our favourite places include the Open Range Salloon in Sylvan Lake (Famous for it's steak and crab deals every Saturday night), The Ranch House (Just a 5 minute drive, best prime rib we've found!), and Indian Flame (fabulous traiditonal Indian cuisine meets flame broiled pizza from a stone stove.)
- Bars cool
- We don't usually attend the bars in town, but we have both country bars and your traiditional dance clubs all over town. Billy Bobs is the best for those who like country dancing like two stepping, and Belinis and Lotus are probably our most famous dance clubs.
- Cafés sympas
- Adorable cafes are found downtown all the way down Ross Street. Solid Grounds cafe has a cozy atmosphere, with great service. City Roast Cafe is open all day long with hand made gourmet coffees and sandwiches made to love. We also have multiple Starbucks and Second Cups scattered all over Red Deer.
- Cure shopping
- We have two main shopping malls, Bower Place and Parkland Mall, both with multiple jewellery, clothing, and sports wear stores. There is also South Point Common located on the south end of Red Deer, with your outlet stores full of bargains!
- Un peu de culture
- Farmers markets occur in the summer months, every Saturday morning from 7 am to 1 pm, as well as on Wednesday nights from 4-7.
- Promenades au parc
- Red Deer is known for its beautifully kempt parks and paths. There are paths which you can use to travel throughout the entire city, situated by rivers, ponds, and forests. There is an off leash dog park where you can go to relax and watch the fun all afternoon. These paths are also bike friendly.
- Randonnées d'un jour
- West Edmonton Mall, the largest mall in Canada, taking up something like 8 city blocks. It includes two full floors for your shopping convenience! As well as a theater and multiple restaurants. Calgary has the well known Calgary Zoo, which has its newest addition of Penguins to view! Calaway park is a fun day getaway for the family, it is a theme park with many different types of rides suitable for everyone. Ski Hills such as Lake Lousie, Sunshine, Nakiska, Marmot Basin, Panorama, Norquay, and Fernie are just a drive away!!
We live a 30 minute drive from Calgary's city centre in The Lake at Heritage Pointe. A prestigious community with a private beach just a 3 minute walk from...
Our home is situated in Canmore Alberta, surrounded by the Rocky Mountains. The main floor plan is great for one level living starting with one of the large...