Gorgeous inner city home built in 2002 to highest specifications. Middle of Calgary with easy access to all points of interest. Even though we are in the...
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 chambres
- Couchages 8
- 4 salles de bain
*******Looking for UK and North American Swaps Jan15/Dec16*********
We are a British couple who moved to Calgary almost two years ago and fell in love with the place.
Summertime is glorious. We had a 'stay-cation' this year where we had 11 family members from the UK visit through July and August. I think some of our family were skeptical as to what Calgary had to offer as a holiday destination....... They left having had the holiday of a lifetime, and are making arrangements for their next visit. We took some incredible photos this year we will gladly share.
Wintertime is very different with temps dropping as low as -25. We are learning to embrace the winter and make the most that the season offers. With ski, snowboard, ice-skating and snow tubing on our doorstep its a shame not to take advantage of what the Rockies have to offer. It's nothing a good winter coat, hat and gloves can't fix. Despite the temperature, it's a city where its always bright and you need sunglasses year-round.
What is interesting about Calgary is we have warm winds called 'Chinooks' that can mean its -20 one day and the next morning its +10 and the low lying snow has disappeared. Temperature swings of 20-30 degrees are not uncommon and can give some pleasant respite from the cold weather. The only downside to this is; you can often find yourself over dressed for the weather!
The Rockies are a 'Mecca' for winter sports enthusiasts. Currently a friend of mine has the Jamaican Bobsled team staying at his house (Think Cool Runnings) and the Calgary Olympic Park is where Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards became a British sports legend. It's actually a great place to learn to Ski/Snowboard (or throw yourself down a ski-jump )but has something there for everyone.
Banff, Canmore & Lake Louise are beautiful year round but for us they have that little bit more charm in winter time. Snow on the mountain tops and the old wooden log style buildings it just has a fairytale feel about it. There is something nice about coming in from the cold and having a hot chocolate or cup of tea that just feels fantastic.
Although the Rockies is an unbelievable experience, I enjoy just being a little bit outside the tourist bubble. It's nice to be able to enjoy the best of both worlds; Calgary is just under an hour from the heart of the Rockies. Taking Highway 1A is slightly longer but is one of the most spectacular drives the province has to offer.
The Calgary Skyline at night and the view of the Rocky Mountains is something that I never get bored of seeing. It certainly has the wow factor.
- Downtown Calgary on the banks of the glacial Bow River
- Walkscore of 85
- 4 Double bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- 3000Sqft comfortably accommodates 8 people
- Magnificent views of Downtown Calgary.
- Trendy bars and restaurants, independant boutiques, amazing river walks all on your doorstep.
- Olympic park 10 minutes by car.
- Great location to explore Calgary and touching distance to the Rockies and world class ski resorts.
- A fantastic city to visit in summer and in winter.
- Local sports teams are the Calgary Flames (NHL) and the Stampeders (CFL)
Skiing/Snowboarding season: mid-November to mid-May
Calgary Stampede - First two weeks of July
Downhill mountain biking
Appliances/extras: Air conditioning, Washer & Drier, Double fridge with ice & water dispenser, Jura super-automatic coffee machine, treadmil, cross trainer, free weights, bench press, cable TV showing all sports, British TV available, Apple TV x 2, iMac, printer, fibre internet, Gas BBQ and much more.
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Télé par câble
- Adaptée aux enfants
- Pas d'animaux
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- British expats - Andy works in communications and Jane is a Family Physician
- We holiday 2-3 times a year but are newbies to home swapping.
- We moved to Calgary by accident and fell in love with the place, we think you will love it too.
Where is it?
- So much choice within a mile of our doorstep.
- Bars cool
- ideal spots for people watching with wine
- Cafés sympas
- Kensington and Inglewood have an abundance of great places to lunch and brunch
- Cure shopping
- Trendy boutiques within walking distance. Four shopping malls within a 15 min car ride.
- Un peu de culture
- Calgary tower, Glenbow Museum, Calgary Zoo, Telus spark science centre and just some of the places ten minutes from our house.
- Promenades au parc
- The river walks Downtown Calgary are breathtaking
- Un peu d'exercice
- Bikes, hikes and jogs are plentiful along the Bow river
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Banff, Canmore, Fernie, Lake Louise, Emarald lake, Golden are achievable in a day. You may decide to stay a little longer though!
Located in the City of Calgary Alberta, Canada, in the suburb Hawkwood. Twenty minutes to city centre, city transit right outside the door. One hr from...
*****ALSO AVAILABLE FOR MOST OF AUGUST AND EARLY SEPTEMBER**** Make this your base for your Rocky Mountain vacation or urban holiday. Banff and the Rocky...