We own an old farm house in the countryside where calm and peace can easily be found. Even if our house was built in 1880, all modern comfort is now in.
At ground floor:
- Kitchen and dining room with regular electric fridge, stove and dishwasher. Also, if you want to cook on an old wood stove, there is one!
- Laundry room with regular electric washer and dryer.
- Bathroom with an old cast iron bath and a separate modern shower.
- Living room with piano, hi-fi cd player and wood burning fireplace. The ideal place to read or listen to music! You will have access to more than 400 cd's of almost every styles with a vast selection of classical music and opera.
At the first floor, you will find :
- Master bedroom with a queen size bed, two working tables, a laptop computer with Internet (with printer and scanner) and an other hi-fi cd player.
- Family room with TV, VCR and DVD player plus a vast selection of movies for all members of your family. There is also plenty of games and another computer connected to Internet for the kids.
- Teenage Bedroom with a 48 inches bed, a little sofa and a music player.
- Kid Bedroom with a double bed and music player.
Our land is pretty big with a garden (you will have the choice to take care of it or not!), a rose garden, a peonies garden and plenty of berry bushes and fruit trees.
At night, by the window, you will be able to see deers eating in the field just beside the house!
There is no air conditionning in the house and there is no need for it. A cool breeze is always coming from outside!
We have two cats and an old Labrador dog. It would be appreciated if you could take care of them while we are at your place, but arrangements can easily be done otherwise.
Leaving directly from our house, you can take very nice scenic walks.
At 5 km from our house, you will find the Frontenac National Park (http://www.sepaq.com/pq/fro/en/) where you can do many activities. In summer : swimming, canoe (we can lend you our canoe), canoe-camping, sport fishing, cycling and hiking. In winter : snowshoeing (we can lend you our snowshoes) and backcountry skiing.
At 15 km (10 minutes) from our house, you have the village (Disraëli) where you have the grocery store, the pharmacy, the video store and all commodities.
At 45 km from our house (30 minutes) you have a small city (Thetford Mines). You will find there bigger stores, speciality stores and a movie theater.
At 135 km from our house (1 h 30) you are in Quebec City. The Québec region is of unequalled historical and cultural heritage interest, with its architecture, pedestrian streets and fortifications, unique in North America. This is a UNESCO World Heritage travel destination. For more information on Quebec City : http://www.quebecregion.com/e/attractions.asp
All my family live in Quebec City, so it will be extremely easy to arrange a place to stay for you if you want to go visit.
At 235 km from our house (2 h 30), you are in Montreal, the bigger city in the Province. Montréal has a unique mix of historical, natural and cultural offerings to satisfy every travelers. For more information : http://www.tourisme-montreal.org
If you want to go visit, we can recommand you very nice bed & breakfast for you to stay.
We are Marie and François, both 37-year old. Marie is self-employed working in hi-tech science. François is foreman in a production industry. We both speak currently French and English.
We have two daugters, 14 and 4-year old.
We are quiet people and are looking for an exchange in a quiet place not too far from interesting cities (cultural and botanical interest mainly!). We are open to any "secure" places in the world. Send us a message presenting your nice area!
We have two car that we can share, a 2006 Toyota Matrix and a 2008 Toyota Corolla, both standard.
We are looking for two exchanges :
- Summer 2008 : for July and/or August, all the family.
- Fall 2008 : for 2-3 weeks only my husband and I.