My loft is in the heart of the most vibrant neighborhood in Toronto, Kensington market. Soaring ceilings give the loft an airy feel, open concept with large...
Large Modern Upscale Family Home Just West of Ottawa
Large Modern Upscale Family Home Just West of Ottawa
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 chambres
- Couchages 5
- 3 salles de bain
Our home is a large, modern home with all the comforts you could possibly need. We live in a very quiet, safe, upscale neighbourhood about 20 minutes West of Ottawa. We are extremely central if you wish to travel throughout Central Canada: easy access to Montreal, Quebec (2 hours) Toronto, Ontario (4 hours). Lots to do and see locally.
Free Parking on Premises
Garden with Saltwater Pool
The recently expanded Ottawa International Airport is located about 16 km (10 miles) south of the city centre. A 30-minute drive along the Airport Parkway or Hunt Club West will take you to our home. Taxi or driver can be arranged. A car swap is negotiable with either a 2013 Town & Country 7 seater van (with possible driver for nominal fee) or 2013 BMW.
OC Transpo bus service, serves Ottawa-Carleton and has convenient Park and Ride lots in Kanata if you do not want to take the car into the city.
Activities For Everyone:
Parliament Hill the seat of Canada’s government
- Free tours are available
- Changing of the Guard -colorful pomp and pageantry
- Nightly Sound and Light Show
National Chamber Music Festival
Sightseeing Boat Tours on the Rideau Canal, Ottawa River
Rideau Hall - free tour of the home of the Governor General
Canadian Museum of Civilization across the Ottawa River, in Hull-Gatineau, Quebec - Children’s Section with various hands-on exhibits
Canadian Museum of Nature
Canadian War Museum
National Gallery of Canada: guided tours, special exhibitions
National Aviation Museum
Royal Canadian Mint: see how collector and investment coins are made
National Museum of Science and Technolgy: interactive exhibits and demonstrations
Byward Market area with bustling and historic areas of cafes, unique stores, boutiques, nightlife, market stalls all a close walk to museums and Parliament Hill
Landmark Cinemas 24 Kanata
Amberwood Golf and Country Club – Public access golf and tennis
Karter's Korners – go-karting; mini-putt; paintball and more outdoor fun
Saunders Farm - The Farm has 10 hedge Mazes, a Splashpad waterpark, jumping pillows, pedal carts, puppet shows, hayrides, picnic areas, picnic games and acres of gardens and playhouses for your family fun.
Calypso Water Park - Calypso Park is a theme waterpark located in Limoges, Ontario, Canada, about 35 kilometers east of Ottawa.
Camp Fortune Ziplining & Aerial Experience
About Our Family:
We are a family of 4 with kids busy in hockey (so Canadian right?) and other activities. We treasure our family holiday time and take several trips a year. Now that kids are getting older (14 and 12) we want to get in as much travel as possible before kids no longer want to travel with us! We value our down time and therefore take a lot of pride in our home as it acts as our sanctuary from busy days. We have rented private villas in the Caribbean and homes elsewhere countless times and always treat rentals as respectfully as we would our own home. We are very tidy people (some say we have a little OCD?) but that's what you want when someone stays in your home!! Hope we can find a mutually enjoyable exchange that will create adventures and memories for our family and yours!
Gordon works in the financial industry and Donna is a stay at home Mom soon looking to return to work in finance. We are all fluent in English and French.
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Télé par câble
- Adaptée aux enfants
- Pas d'animaux
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- A family of 4 with 2 kids - 14 year old girl and a 12 year old son
- Gordon works in financial industry and Donna is stay at home Mom looking to return to same industry in next couple of years
- We love bright, clean, modern spaces. Looking for adventures and to create family memories
Where is it?
- Napoli's Café is an exquisite little Italian restaurant located in the heart of Stittsville and has been one of Ottawa's finest since 1993 www.napoliscafe.com
- Bars cool
- ByWard Market offers a unique experience for all. You'll find museums, cafe's, specialty food shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants, pubs, hair & aesthetics ...
- Cafés sympas
- Gaia Java, Main Street Stittsville. Holds weekly music events every Friday night
- Cure shopping
- Rideau Centre has the latest in fashion, beauty, accessories, and electronics under one roof in downtown Ottawa. Our shopping centre has 180 stores to visit. Also a bit closer to him is a newly refurbished mall:Bayshore Shopping Centre
- Un peu de culture
- Canadian Museum of Nature. Must check this and other area museums out!
- Promenades au parc
- Immerse yourself in nature at Gatineau Park, the National Capital Region's Conservation Park! Visit Quebec too - only 20 minutes away!
- Un peu d'exercice
- Amberwood Golf and Country Club is a beautiful little nine-hole course with enough variety to please any calibre of golfer.With its gorgeous setting, abundant wildlife and delectable bistrofiftyfour restaurant, you can play a round of golf and have a bite. Tennis also available.
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Montreal, Quebec is only 2 hours away. Discover Montreal:http://www.tourisme-montreal.org
The new building on the edge of the lake to the west of Toronto, Etobiko area. Fully equipped apartment overlooking the lake, on the ground floor swimming...
We live in a small town of 12,000 people. We can walk anywhere in town and are very near the centre and therefore have shops and groceries within walking...