Please note that we have also a beautifull manorhouse in the old citycentre of Lille Our house dates back to 1930, but was refurbished 15 years ago. It has...
30 minutes from Brussels, 3 minutes to the forest
30 minutes from Brussels, 3 minutes to the forest
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 chambres
- Couchages 9
- 2 salles de bain
Open plan living room / dining room with open fire. Cable TV, DVD player
Kitchen - electric hob, fan oven, fridge freezer, coffee machine (pads),
Study - 2 desks, Mac computer available for use on request
Large entrance hall
Bedroom 1 - with dressing room area and en suite
Bedroom 2 - King size bed, large window with views of the forest, glass doors onto a south facing terrace
Bedroom 3 - 2 (possibly 3) single beds, large window, glass doors onto a south facing terrace
Bedroom 4 - 2 (possibly 3) single beds, large window, glass doors onto a south facing terrace
Bathroom with shower
We have a nice garden and lots of wildlife visit us (including squirrels, bats, frogs, and occasionally deer and birds of prey). We have a lovely fire-pit, which is a great accompaniment to bbq's in the summer. Our garden is very private, except on one side, where we are slightly overlooked by the field of the local riding school, but we love to watch the horses! We have an orchard (apples, pears and soft fruits) and a vegetable patch, so depending on the time of year you visit, you'll be very welcome to make good use of the produce.
We live in a place called Oud-Heverlee. We are right next to the forest (technically two, 'Heverlee bos' and 'Meerdaalwoud'. They are wonderful in all seasons, and if you're quiet you'll see the wild deer. There's a fresh water spring in Meerdaalwoud, and a place where you can set up tents if you fancy a few nights camping (although you can also set up tents in the garden, out of sight of the house and pretend that you're on a camping site!). There are lots of restaurants in strolling distance (to get to some you can walk through the forest). Many of the restaurants are facing the beautiful lakes at the 'Zoete Waters' lakes (google it!). There's a great kid's play area there too, with a mini golf area, climbing frames, a small skate park area and big trampolines. There's a restaurant attached to the playground so parents can grab a drink whilst the children play, and you can all have dinner and an ice cream afterwards. The playground is fully enclosed, so it's safe for the children, and there's a big (and free) parking area. There aren't many shops nearby, but there are bread vending machines within walking distance (and we have a bread making machine). We could also arrange a grocery delivery for you when you arrive.
We're very conveniently located and there are good connections to many other places in Belgium by public transport of road. Our house is about 0.75km away from the train station, it's a gentle 15 minute stroll. The bus stop is literally at the end of the drive. You can also borrow bikes from us (there are cycle paths more or less all the way to Leuven) including children's bikes.
Brussels - the airport is a 20 minute drive away, and it takes about 30 minute to drive to Brussels (more during rush hour). You can be in the centre of Brussels in about an hour by train.
Leuven - we are 6km (about 20 minutes by bike/10 minutes on a bus) away from the beautiful university city of Leuven, home of the university founded in 1425. It's a great and very international city, where everyone speaks amazing English and is happy to do so (if you don't fancy practicing your Dutch). There are lots of historical things to see, but it also very much 'punches above its weight' with respect to cultural exhibitions, theatre/dance, music etc. You'll be surprised who and what you'll find in Leuven! There are LOADS of restaurants to choose from, ranging from student budgets to Michelin star restaurants. There's also a bar with more than 2000 (yes, two thousand!) beers on the menu!
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Télé par câble
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- Monique's a Brit, Edward's from Belgium, Edward's 11.5 year old son lives with us half time, we have a doggy (Bliksem), chickens and a rooster
- Monique is doing a PhD in Criminology, Edward is a Psychologist, Maarten loves animals and walking in the forest, Bliksem loves her balls
- Monique loves healthy cooking and baking (by that understand that she really just likes eating), Edward and Maarten love trying the different dishes she makes, it's perfect team work!
Where is it?
- Our neighbours at Villa San Martino. Or Brasserie St. Jean or Bleu Blanc. Dehoorn in Leuven. Or for Michelin stars closer to home: The amazing Couvert Courvet (really wroth a try), Spaans Dak or Arenberg
- Bars cool
- The Capital (2000 Belgian beers on the menu), Fiere Margriet (beers, 50 teas and unique atmosphere),
- Cafés sympas
- Typical bar: Cafe Genenhoek, or venture to Leuven for:
- Cure shopping
- So many options in Leuven and Brussels...
- Un peu de culture
- Stuk arts centre, Het depot music venue, Museum M, Opek arts venue...
- Promenades au parc
- We live right next to a forest which is lovely during the day or for night walks by torch light, great kids playground close by (with a restaurant attached for tired parents), fishing lakes (fill your bottles at the fresh water spring water), the wildlife reserve...
- Un peu d'exercice
- A walk, run, cycle or horse ride through the forest? A hike through the nature reserve? Kayaking along the river Dijle, a swim, class or gym at the local sports centre?
- Randonnées d'un jour
- The private spa (sauna, steam room, pool, jacuzzi, massage chairs, light therapy all to yourselves, with a bottle of bubbles if you want) in walking distance? Charming Leuven? Bustling Brussels? Stylish Antwerp? Glorious Gent? Beautiful Brugge...