We live in possibly the best part of town here in Graz, Austria's second-biggest city. In 2003, Graz was European Capital of Culture and has always been...
Where is it?
Graz is in our neighborhood (2 min. to the border of Graz, 15 min. to the town center by car), so that alone offers a lot to do and see, i.e "Schlossberg Graz" outlook on the Schlossberg hill in the centre of Graz with a restaurant and bar there.
- Austrian restaurant "Der Steirer" https://www.der-steirer.at/ (15 min.)
- International food restaurant "dreizehn by Gauster" http://www.dreizehnbygauster.at/
- Italian restaurant "Trattoria Veneziana" (Venice style) http://www.trattoria-veneziana.at/ (10 min.)
- Indian restaurant "Taj Mahal" http://www.tajmahal-graz.at/ (15 min.)
- "Schlossberg" restaurant and bar with outlook over Graz http://schlossberggraz.at/restaurant/ (15 min.)
- Bar at the art museum "Kunsthaus Graz" (15 min.)
--> for more, Trip Advisor is a good reference: https://www.tripadvisor.at/Restaurants-g190432-Graz_Styria.html
FOR WORLD EXPLORERS:
- Graz, 2nd biggest city of Austria with good cultural offerings -> 15 min. to the town center by car
- Klagenfurt / lake Wörthersee - a big lake with a lot to do in, on and around the water -> 1 h 15 min. by car
- Vienna, capital of Austria, with all its sightseeings -> 2 h drive by car
- Salzburg - famous for its lake operas: "The Salzburg Festival is the world’s most important celebration of opera, music and theater" -> 2 h 45 min. by car
- Venice - i.e. for a weekend trip -> 4 h by car
- a lot of different offerings, as we value "the family" a lot in Austria
- playground at our home and a public one in a 5 min. walk
- exceptional small park with trees from all over the world - a 5 min. walk away
- 5 thermal springs within 35 min. by car - with different focuses (for kids, for couples i.e. the famous artistic "Hundertwasser" thermal spring, for 45+ people, etc.)
FOR SPORTY PEOPLE:
- Skiing: half an hour to the closest skiing resort, 2 hours by car to the popular Schladming skiing resort: the region "Schladming-Dachstein" is among the „top 5 skiing resorts“ in Austria
- Sledding, snow shoe walking, ice skating, etc. all within reasonable distance
- hiking on our hills and mountains - from a 20 min. to 2 hours drive by car you find a lot of gorgeous places to go - with or without kids.
- water sports: quite some lakes around to go swimming or do water sports: from 7 min. to the closest lake to 1 h 15 min. to the Wörthersee lake (or 2 hours to Neusiedler lake especially for kitesurfing)
Our home is in an iconic apartment building (built in 1960, along with 9 other apartments), located directly next to the nostalgic train station and modern...
Please note that due to Covid restrictions we are unable to travel from Ireland at the moment we are therefore only interested in homes in Ireland. We will...