Looking at a swap for Hawaii in Jan/Feb 18, and New York Nov 18. This stunning beachside residence is located on the famous Casuarina Beach in New South...
Australia...Home, Haven, A place to love, laugh and live if only for this moment…
Australia...Home, Haven, A place to love, laugh and live if only for this moment…
Ce mois-ciMember since
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 chambres
- Couchages 8
- 3 salles de bain
We are ideally situated to explore the east coast of Australia. Our home is located on the southern end of the Gold Coast, only 10 minutes from Gold Coast International Airport or 1 hour from Brisbane International Airport.
Home, Haven, A place to love, laugh and live if only for this moment…
Our spacious light filled home is spread over two floors covering approx. 300 sq metres offering privacy and space. It is situated in an elevated position in a quiet cul-de-sac with floor to ceiling windows showcasing water, coastal and hinterland views and boundaries on stunning Australian bushland. It’s a serene and peaceful location to enjoy evenings with the sounds of the river tide and awaken to bird songs, native kookaburras, rainbow lorikeets, black cockatoo's and eagles are some of our native birdlife.
All living and bedrooms have ceiling fans and ventilated to capture breezes. The first floor includes two lounge/living areas, a modern kitchen, complimented by a dining area for 8 people. The Main Bedroom with a king ensemble has a dressing room and an ensuite featuring a bath and large shower. Bedroom 2 and 3 have double and queen sized beds and share the main bathroom which also has a bath and large shower with a separate WC. The study office will accommodate those required to balance work/vacation with Wi-Fi internet available throughout our home. Also on this floor the laundry is equipped with a front loading washing machine, a dryer and lines both indoors and out. A large veranda lends itself to alfresco dining and entertaining that capture the first and last rays of the day.
A retreat downstairs offers another living room, kitchenette, bathroom, 4th bedroom with a king ensemble. It opens out onto a covered deck furnished with lounges and a Webber for BBQ dining. Our chemical free pool is refreshing and our warm climate with the summer average temperature of 27C (84F), average winter temperature of 22C (74F) encourages its use 12 months of the year.
We live in a private cul-de-sac with off-street parking and room to play. Surfboards, boogie boards, fishing rods, basketball hoop, cricket set, bikes, scooters, skateboards and a cupboard of board games are available and will encourage the holiday atmosphere. Beach towels, eskies/coolers, a beach umbrella are available for use to enhance your day tripping experience.
We are positioned in an excellent location with easy access by car or public transport for shopping, cafes, restaurants, tourist destinations, beaches, sporting venues, arts and cultural events.
Visitors can embrace the natural beauty and rich diversity of our landscape, rainforests, valleys, wide open spaces, coastlines and the Pacific Ocean. Australia’s east coast is a playground to explore. Quaint towns and villages have parks, children’s play equipment, skate bowls, exercise equipment, walking and bike tracks, fixed alfresco dining furniture with free gas bbq’s to spend time with your favourite people.
An endless list of popular attractions is within a half hour easy drive (via light locally traffic and close to m1 motorway) including theme Parks; Wet'n wild, Movieworld, Dreamworld, Seaworld, Whitewater World, Outback Spectacular, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, David Fleas Wildlife Park, go-karting tracks. Must visit locations of Surfers Paradise, Mt Tambourine, Glow Worm Caves and Natural Bridge in Springbrook National Park, Byron Bay, the border of NSW and QLD and Stradbroke Island are too within 10 minutes to half an hour drive, Brisbane City is just an hour north. Steve Irwins Australia Zoo and the Sunshine Coast are two hours north.
Get up close to the local native plants and wildlife in the 14 National Parks and Reserves that form the World Heritage-listed Gondwana Rainforests of Australia. Breathe the cleanest air you’ll ever experience on any of the hundreds of kilometres of bushwalking trails, ranging from short 500m to overnight hikes. Australia’s Green Cauldron, the Tweed, is unique volcanic geography with waterfalls and scenic lookouts. Take in the stunning panoramic views of the ancient volcanic caldera from the top of Wollumbin (Mt Warning) a 4.4km return hike through lush rainforest. Thanks to its proximity to Cape Byron, Australia’s most easterly point, it is the first place on mainland Australia to receive the sun’s rays each day.
On our doorstep we have the coast and the most beautiful, safest surf and swimming beaches in Australia (patrolled by Life Savers between September and May). Water temperatures of around 21⁰C/71⁰F in the winter to 27⁰C/80⁰F and almost always perfect water clarity encourages year round water activities of swimming, boogie boarding, surfing, snorkelling wrecks and fishing. We have a number of vantage points along the coast to watch the Humpback Whales play on their migration between May and October and you’ll definitely see dolphins surfing the waves or fishing in the river and bar.
A number of hire agencies, clubs and businesses facilitate scuba diving, SUPing, canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, bbq boating, deep sea fishing, kayaking, hand-gliding, para-flying, golfing, bowling and skating. Unwind on a number of world class golf courses, play bowls, visit a brewery or local vineyard, Tweed River Art Gallery features the recently opened Australian Artist, Margaret Olley's Centre. Be entertained at number of nightclubs, music festivals, cinemas, theatres, clubs, gaming venues and even casino to choose from.
Venues for shopping are varied including weekly markets for fresh farmers produce, crafts and clothing, coastal/village boutiques, shopping centres and expansive department and specialty store complexes such as Pacific Fair and Robina Town Centre. Nearby luxury health retreats, clinics and day spas are an option to rejuvenate. Catering to all tastes and budgets is the assortment of hundreds of eating facilities offering multinational cuisines and dining options.
Sydney is an hour flight departing GC Airport, spend the day visiting the sites of the harbour including the Opera House, Bridge and Circular Quay, returning on last flight back into the GC at 9pm. Same deal with Melbourne with a 2 hour flight. If time permits, extend your time and springboard to spend a day or two on The Great Barrier Reef in the North East or Uluru in the outback.
We are new to Love Home Swap, due to work and school commitments we are limited in our availability for travel and simultaneous swaps so please refer to our calendar for dates. It may be possible to organise a non simultaneous swap.
- Résidence principale
- Adaptée aux enfants
- Pas d'animaux
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- Family of 4 excited about new destinations
- Neil is a firefighter, Kerry works in admin, Zac and Ty are in high school
- We love the water
Where is it?
- There truly is an amazing amount of possibilities but our recommendation is the chefs banquet on a Sunday at Spice Den at Casurina. www.spiceden.com.au/
- Bars cool
- Bars, clubs, sporting/surf clubs and night clubs all dot the coast. The coast is the party precinct.
- Cafés sympas
- Zarrafa’s Banora Central (down the hill), The Black Sheep Espresso Baa, Café Dbar (Point Danger; our favourite for brunch, lunch…even milkshakes and hot chips to take across to the lookout for an impromptu picnic), Nirvana, Skooters, GGs, Elephant Rock cafe
- Cure shopping
- Banora Central is a 3 minute drive at the bottom of the hill with a Coles Supermarket, chemist, newsagency and liquor shop. Tweed Mall and Tweed City Shopping Centre are both 10 minutes and offer supermarkets, department stores and specialty stores. Pacific Fair and Robina Town Centre are the metropolis of retail therapy, bring walking shoes! https://www.robinatowncentre.com.au/ https://www.pacificfair.com.au/
- Un peu de culture
- 30 minutes south on the fringe of Murwillumbah is the picturesque Tweed Regional Art Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre…it is a must on the itinerary http://artgallery.tweed.nsw.gov.au/ The Gold Coast Arts Centre is a hub of visual and performing arts. https://theartscentregc.com.au/
- Promenades au parc
- Golden Four’ Beach Walk: Feel the ocean lap at your ankles as you enjoy a beach walk along the sand. This walk officially commences at Kirra Point north and passes Bilinga, Tugun and ends at Currumbin Rock. It’s a 12km round trip. The Ocean Walkway: Taking the foreshore and paved thoroughfare this 18km roundtrip incorporates Point Danger, Snapper Rocks, Rainbow Beach, Greenmount, Coolangatta, Kirra, Bilinga, Tugun, Currumbin, The Alley and Currumbin Creek Estuary.
- Un peu d'exercice
- Two aquatic centres (one indoor and the other outside) and a number of Gyms are within a 10 minute drive. Our neighbourhood is a safe and beautiful environment to free train…a stroll, walk, run or ride a bike.
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Fill you days with moments of momentum or just mmmmm…whatever you like. Website that might assist with your holiday planning; http://destinationtweed.com.au http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/north-coast/the-tweed-area http://www.visitgoldcoast.com/ http://www.australia.com/en
Comfortable home with modern kitchen & spacious living areas. Views of ocean and lighthouse through trees from north-facing front deck. National Park 100...
UPDATE: SEEKING A PLACE FOR AN ADULT FAMILY OF FOUR IN CENTRAL LONDON FROM LATE NOVEMBER TO MID DECEMBER, 2016. OURS WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM SEPTEMBER 2016...