LONG STAYS AVAILABLE MAY - AUGUST 2017 Not only has Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT) been ranked as the most ‘liveable’ city in the world, but...
Sunny home with beautiful views
Sunny home with beautiful views
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 chambres
- Couchages 7
- 2 salles de bain
Our house is a 3BR + Study, with 1 main bathroom and an ensuite. The former was renovated recently and the latter, updated fairly recently. My husband and I have both lived in Canberra since we were 5 years old and just love living here. We have been in this house since 2002 and one significant feature of the house that we immediately fell in love with is its north-facing aspect (the equivalent of south-facing in the northern hemisphere) with windows down the full length of the house. All the living areas and kitchen are consequently very well lit during the day - and beautifully sunny in winter time. We have a good size bathroom, recently renovated, with a decent bath and an excellent shower head over the bath. The main bedroom has a queen bed and ensuite, the 2nd bedroom has a bunk bed (two single beds), the 3rd bedroom has a fold-out queen double mattress/futon. We also have a fold-out single bed which could fit in the study, if required.We have a large flat-screen TV, DVD-player, stereo, PVR, Xbox-360, PCs/computers, WIFI, broadband internet.
Our recently-updated & well-equipped kitchen is galley style with a generous amount of bench space and a lovely view of our low-care but green and leafy garden. Canberra is one of the sunniest of Australia's cities and we have solar hot water and solar panels for electricity (when we have sunshine). We also have a large "hill's hoist" which is excellent for drying washing naturally all year round.
If you are travelling with children or having grandchildren to stay we have a great range of toys and books and a number of games for kids and for adults; there is a large trampoline outside in our large garden. We also have a reasonable collection of fiction and non-fiction books in our library (including a large theology and spirituality collection) in our library. Being amateur musicians we have a good quality Yamaha CLP-150 full-range electric piano and a reasonable range of sheet music.
Almost all the rooms are hard wood polished floors (with rugs as necessary). We currently have a small balcony with a medium-sized table and chairs, but intend to have it extended down the full length of the house within the next 12 months. This will add greatly to our entertaining area. Our backyard is large with many lovely places to sit in the Winter-Spring time to quietly soak up the sunshine. For Winter, we have a large gas heater which serves the lounge-dining-library area and oil-filled heaters for the bedrooms. However, the house is also very well insulated.
- Résidence principale
- Télé par câble
- Adaptée aux enfants
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- We're a couple in our 40s with a 10 year-old son.
- We live in Canberra Australia - the 'bush capital' - and we love the clean air, the many sunny days, the many green and wide-open spaces and the lakes combined with the advantages of a city.
- I was born in Oxford and want to 'share' it with my family for 1-2 months in Autumn, 2016
Where is it?
- The suburb of Dickson is definitely a buzzy place for restaurants and cafes. One restaurant a friend recently introduced me to was just yummy - Sub Urban.
- Bars cool
- We're not into bars, but can certainly find out some of the names of the good ones here (the bar/pub scene has really developed over the past 10 years in Canberra.
- Cafés sympas
- Many to choose from but one of my favourites is the Silo Bakery in Kingston, which bakes a great variety of breads and sweet tarts - for which it has won prizes - and a great cheese collection too.
- Cure shopping
- Malls, Manuka & Kingston's small boutique shops...
- Un peu de culture
- The Canberra Theatre, the Canberra Playhouse, the Street Theatre, Canberra Rep Theatre, Galleries, the National Museum, the National Library (with its gallery space)...
- Promenades au parc
- See below.
- Un peu d'exercice
- So many lovely parks in Canberra with wonderful playgrounds - including some adventure playgrounds. Canberra is well-known in Australia for its comprehensive and excellent bike paths.
- Randonnées d'un jour
- The South coast is just 1.5hr drive away - you could travel down for 1 day or spend a weekend there. The Southern Highlands with its lovely rolling hills is a similar distance to Canberra, with walks in National Parks and wonderful boutique shops and great cafes and restaurants. The film Babe was filmed in Robertson which is on the edge of the Highlands. Sydney is 3-3.5hr away so very doable for a weekend trip - and you can break your journey about half-way in the Southern Highlands (we recommend Berrmia as it has great picnic and BBQ facilities but also, a very yummy patisserie. There are many opportunities for day walks or half-day walks amongst the many hills that surround Canberra. We have an all-wheel drive Volvo wagon which increases the number of accessible places you can go
Our home was built in 1997. It offers 4 bedrooms, two car parking and swimming pool. The main bedroom has a Queen, the kids rooms have single beds and the...
My home is an elegant and stylish one bedroom apartment in a modern building in the heart of the national capital. It has a large and well-equipped kitchen,...