“We loved our stay in Darryl and Erika's home. Their house was spacious and very comfortable with great views of the ocean. Our kids loved the trampoline and the sandpit! The location was peaceful, yet incredibly handy and made the perfect base to explore beautiful Vancouver Island (although there was plenty to do in the immediate area and just staying at home and relaxing was also nice!). Darryl and Erika were very easy to deal with and thoughtful hosts and we would highly recommend them as future swap partners.”
Spacious Family Home with Ocean View
Spacious Family Home with Ocean View
Darryl & Erika
Plus d'un moisMember since
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
L'identité de ce membre a été vérifiée grâce à l'un de nos moyens d'authentification
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 6 chambres
- Couchages 8
- 3 salles de bain
We have a six bedroom home in a friendly neighbourhood overlooking the ocean in Nanaimo. Our home is located in a central, residential neighbourhood and is only a short walk to the beach, grocery store, coffee shop and restaurant. The ocean view looks out over Departure Bay where you will see the coastal mountain views and watch the ferries arrive from Vancouver.
Nanaimo is a small city with beautiful parks and an extensive waterfront walkway. There are numerous day hikes in nearby forests and mountains. The Nanaimo Golf Course is 5 min from our home. Being a coastal city, Nanaimo is surrounded by a system of small islands nearby to explore by boat, kayak or paddle board as well as world class scuba diving. Mt Washington ski hill is just over an hour away with fantastic downhill and cross country skiing, and tubing.
Our home is comfortable with air conditioning, central heating and a natural gas hot water system for unlimited hot water. There are three queen sized beds and two single beds in five bedrooms with an additional bedroom functioning as an office. We have two large flat screen TVs and wireless internet throughout the house. We have a large, private backyard with a trampoline, sand box and fruit trees. With three children of our own, there are toys and books to share.
The use of our mini van or four door sedan can be arranged, as well as a house cleaner, upon request.
For more information on why to come here, see the following you tube videos.
For British Columbia
- Résidence principale
- Télé par câble
- Adaptée aux enfants
3 des comptes endus
“Darryl & Erika were such a lovely family. Easy communication and their house was beautiful. and their house wonderful. Views are out of this world. The location was perfect and a wonderful base to explore vancouver island! My boys and I had an amazing 2 weeks! Thank you!!!! Neighbours were so lovely too. In fact, loved Vancouver so my, now trying to relocate their next year. ”
“Darryl and Erika are an amazing couple with three great children. Their house is in a picture perfect neighbourhood with friendly neighbours and centrally located for easy access to all major tourist areas on Vancouver Island. The island is easily accessible from the mainland by Ferry or plane with many services running daily. The house was large and roomy and with plenty of space for our large family and had all the creature comforts. I could not recommend Darryl and Erica highly enough as swap partners. They really made everything easy and hassle free. Thanks again, Mark and Peta. ”
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- Non smoking couple with a fourteen year old girl and two boys, ages ten and eight. We will treat your home with the same care and attention as our own.
- We operate a small software consulting company. Our family loves reading, hiking, games, swimming, boating, good food, outdoor activities and new experiences.
- With school-aged children, we prefer to swap during the school holidays or summer break.
Where is it?
- Browns Social House (west coast style), Penny`s Palapa (fresh mexican in marina), Whitespot (family friendly restaurant), Zougla (fine dining within walking distance)
- Bars cool
- Longwood Brew Pub (restaurant section for kids, try local beer sampler), Firehouse Grill (drinks & sushi downtown), Black Bear Pub (patio and delicious foods)
- Cafés sympas
- Tim Hortons (walk there for donuts), Cobbs, Nesvogs & Starbucks (our Saturday morning walk to our local bakery, butcher and coffee shop), Delicados (fresh, west coast style wraps and salads)
- Cure shopping
- Old City Quarter (unique local stores), Woodgrove Mall (biggest mall in town), Farmers Markets (local produce during growing season)
- Un peu de culture
- Port Theatre (music & theatre shows), Nanaimo Museum (first nations & coal mining exhibits)
- Promenades au parc
- Beach Estates Park (walk from our house through a forested ravine with waterfall), Newcastle Island (visible from our house, take a Harbour Ferry there), Pipers Lagoon (local spit with driftwood forts), Neck Point (download a geo cache app and explore)
- Un peu d'exercice
- Westwood Lake (6.7 km trail around lake with lake swimming) , Alberni Outfitters (Ocean Kayaking, Canoeing or Paddleboarding), Wild Play (outdoor rope course up in the trees), Nanaimo Aquatic Centre (indoor wave pool)
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Cathedral Grove (old growth forest), Victoria (capital city), Rathtrevor Provincial Park (forest trails and sandy beach)
We live in British Columbia which is a very beautiful area. Mountains, ski hills, lakes, restaurants are in abundance. Walk along the lake on the...
Between charming Beacon Hill Park, Dallas Road and vibrant downtown Victoria, you'll find yourself in the heart of Cook St. Village. Our one bedroom ground...
Large family home with high-end finishes and large vaulted great room. Our home is in a quiet subarb of Vancouver, Canada (40 minute drive to downtown...