“We had a fabulous trip to Vancouver and loved staying in Jessie and Jim's beautiful home. They were great "swappers", and made us feel very welcome, with everything we could possibly need for a comfortable and hassle free stay. They looked after our own place perfectly and left the house marvellously clean and tidy, and with a happy cat. ”
Charming old house in spectacular Vancouver
Charming old house in spectacular Vancouver
Cette semaineMember since
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 chambres
- Couchages 6
- 2 salles de bain
Our 1913 house has been thoroughly updated but retains lots of funky charm. In front there's a patio surrounded by a "jungle" of bamboo and other subtropicals. In back a deck overlooking lush plantings and a vegetable garden plus greenhouse, fig tree and more. We're located in the ultra-leafy Dunbar area, a short walk from Pacific Spirit Park and a short drive from UBC, beaches, golf courses and Vancouver's buzzing downtown. It's one of the nicest neighbourhoods in a city that is considered one of the most beautiful and livable in the world. Jim and Jessie are empty nesters who will consider various possibilities, especially Europe in summer and warmer places in the winter. (Be warned that Vancouver is pretty damp from November through March, but that said, there's a lot going on here, and the city's three local mountain resorts are only a half-hour's drive while Whistler is maybe 90 minutes.) We have a cat, but she can move into the self-contained suite occupied by our adult son.
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Télé par câble
- Pas d'animaux
1 Compte rendu
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- We have done six wonderful swaps.
- Jim's a writer; Jessie has just retired.
- We like a lot of things, but we love to golf.
Where is it?
- Our immediate neighbourhood is kind of sleepy, though there are several sushi joints and coffee shops within walking distance, as well as the nationally regarded bakery/coffee shop Butter. We're a seven-minute drive from one of Vancouver's liveliest neighbourhoods, Kitsilano, and even closer to another spot, Kerrisdale, that also has lots to offer.
- Bars cool
- Not so much, though there are a couple of OK spots within walking distance. There are plenty in Vancouver, of course, and we're well served by transit.
- Cafés sympas
- Two coffee hangouts within a couple of blocks.
- Cure shopping
- Nearby Kerrisdale is home to several notable shops. Kitsilano and the Main Street area are 10 minutes or so away by car.
- Un peu de culture
- We're very close to UBC, with its world-famous archaelogy museum and Chan Centre. Vancouver is a significant contemporary art capital, and a culturally oriented place in general: Berlin or Brooklyn, but with mountains and totem poles.
- Promenades au parc
- We're a short walk from Pacific Spirit Park, the forest of several hundred acres that surrounds the University of British Columbia. Also a few blocks away is the tiny agricultural enclave called Southlands, a favouite haunt of the horsey set. And Vancouver is set on the ocean within a wilderness of gorgeous mountains and forest. You can step off a suburban cul de sac and walk north for six days before reaching the next road.
- Un peu d'exercice
- There are five golf courses within a five-minute drive (though three are private) and seven within 10 minutes. Pacific Spirit Park is full of biking and walking trails, and the beaches are just 10 minutes away.
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Whistler, Victoria, Seatlle and various Gulf Islands are all less than thre hours away. Vancouver's rugged north shore is a half-hour; beaches are a few minutes. And there is easy access to the rest of British Columbia, as well as Washington State, with all they have to offer.
This is a one-bedroom condo in Whistler village. It is only a 5 minute walk to the centre of the village. It is even closer to a supermarket, and other...
Our Chalet is very private being located at the end of a Cul de Sac. Located in the Purcell Mountains, the great room has views across the Columbian Valley...
Out home is in a well established neighborhood, in beautiful Victoria British Columbia Canada. We are Surrounded by natural beauty. Beaches,lakes,rivers,...