Nice place near the beach. Plenty of restaurants, shops, cafés and movies theathers. Vera nice vive.
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 chambres
- Couchages 9
- 3 salles de bain
Quiet and nature place. This is a unique property hidden away in the Amazon forest, 45 minutes of Mocajuba (boat ride time, Tocantins River), and 240 km of Belém, State of Pará, Brazil. Belém is an UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy, and also is called Portal Amazon. The place is free of cars, but there are motorcycles. 04 bedrooms, 03 bathrooms. The kitchen is equipped with freezer, refrigerator, stove, microwave oven, blender and mixer, dishes, cutlery and pans.
There are two well defined seasons in the Amazon region. The winter, from January to June, with heavy rain, when the volume of water in the Tocantins River increases greatly, reaching the apex in june, and the waters surround the house and come under the house (as can be seen at the pictures). The other season is the summer, from July to December, when the waters do not come under the house. On both, it is possible swimming in the river.
If you are planning a few days in Belém, please take a look at the blog Café Viagem by Alexandra Aranovich, the best one in my opinion.
Why We Love Our Home
#When we are in the rooms or on the balcony, we can hear the sound of water under the house at bedtime and on awakening. /Quando estamos nos quartos ou na varanda, podemos ouvir o som das águas embaixo da casa na hora de dormir e ao despertar.
#The water temperature. At any time, we can go to the bridge to cool off in the river, even before bedtime. /A temperatura da água. A qualquer momento, pode-se ir até a ponte se refrescar no rio. Inclusive antes de dormir.
#The silence of the river, broken only by the Amazon's dolphin coming breathe or fishes. Endless stars in the sky. The fireflies in the trees. /O silêncio do rio, apenas quebrado pelo som do boto (golfinho) que vem respirar, ou dos peixes que se alimentam.
# Endless stars in the sky
# The fireflies in the trees
The place is a village of fishermen and small farmers (also called “ribeirinhos ” and “quilombolas”). The "ribeirinhos" are people who live close to the river and depend on the river for everything. The "quilombolas" are descendants of slaves who took refuge in the place. Locals are engaged in artisanal fishing for their own subsistence. The Municipal Market of Mocajuba is the main market that supplies the region and their families.
Below, you will find the activities that can be done at the local neighbourhood. There are possibilities to explore plants, animals and the cultural diversity. Although there are no restaurants, shops or markets at the place, it is possible to find the necessary for cooking in Mocajuba.
1) boat trip on the river with stops at small islands, beaches, and fishermen's houses.
2) Observation of animals such as: dolphin, “bicho-preguiça”
3) Visit to the Uxizal Community of Quilombo. Visit to the village with ribeirinhos-quilombolas's typical houses.
4) canoe trip through “furos” and “igarapés”. A “furo” or “igarapé” is a watercourse of first or third order, consisting of a long river or channel. They are characterized by shallow waters and almost run into the forest.
6) observation of manufactoring handmade flour by the quilombolas
* These services can be arranged with locals.
Kids love to make sculptures with clay, jump off the bridge, swim in the river with float, kayak, slip into the clay inside the river, wear diving goggles and see the river bottom, feed fish in the tank, fish small fish in the Bridge, go canoeing to the seawall to fetch fish and see the boto, pull the matapi and observe the shrimps inside, see chicks, lambs and pork, pick fruit, watch caranguejinhos, make slackline on the water, movie session at night with Popcorn
- Résidence secondaire
- Femme de ménage
- Télé par câble
- Adaptée aux enfants
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- We are an outgoing family of five: Carlos & Angela, and our twins, 9 years old, Pedro Vinicius, Maria Fernanda e Maria Letícia. This is our second house, so we're happy to consider different timings.
- Ângela & Carlos work as professors at Federal University of Pará (Belém, Pará, Brazil), Faculty of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering.
- We travel as a couple or with our sons. We have recently joined LoveHomeSwap, and have not done any exchange so far. We are friendly, respectful, clean and will treat your home as our own. In our free time, we love outdoors activities. One of the most beautiful places we have visited was the Waterfall Buracão (Chapada Diamantina, Bahia, Brazil).
Where is it?
The house is situated in Flexeiras, Ceara, Brasil, 120 km far from Fortaleza. That is one of the most beautiful beaches in northeast of Brasil, close do...
A beauthiful beach house in Camaçari, Brazil. It is 5 minutes driving from the nice village Praia do Forte and 45 minutes from the Airport Salvador. You can...