Our apartment is centrally located in Vienna’s second district within walking distance to many of the city’s major sites. We reside in the recently renovated...
Huge terraced house,
Huge terraced house,
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 3 chambres
- Couchages 7
- 3 salles de bain
Vienna is a super place to live & a great place for a holiday too! Regularly voted in the top three cities in the world (Mercer's Quality of Living survey puts it at number one for the fourth year running)
Think Gustav Klimt, Egon Schiele, Johann Strauss, Beethoven, Mozart, Sigmund Freud - they've all left their mark on Vienna.
We have a large terraced house at the end of a quiet cul de sac with a fantastic Vienna view. Ideal for families.
Super walks nearby (maybe you'll see some wild boar and deer in Lainzer Tiergarten).
- Living room with large windows and spectacular view ... with a climbing frame & trapeze/rings/rope ladder; table football; loads of toys and books and DVDs; Wii & games. Kids will love it here - making it a holiday for parents too!
- Dining kitchen with access to the terrace and garden (table & chairs, parasols, barbecue)
- 3 bedrooms all on the same level: one with a double bed, one with bunk beds, one with a high single bed. Also, an office/guestroom with a single and double sofabed. The two sofas in the living room can be used as double sofabeds
- 3 bathrooms (each with shower over the bath) & 3 toilets
- playroom on the top floor with a big trampoline (with safety net), small climbing frame with slide, air hockey table
- laundry room, with a crosstrainer and Bioforce multigym
- lots of scooters, bikes, inline skates & a waveboard
- variety of good playgrounds (you're spoiled for choice) within a few minutes by foot or car
- if it gets very hot, do as the Viennese do and spend a few hours at one of the many open-air swimming pools
Two 'heuriger' restaurants (one with a menu to choose from, the other with a buffet) within a few minutes by foot. Lots of other restaurants (pizzeria, Italian, Asian, Chinese, sushi) within a few minutes by car.
Bus stop just round the corner. Buses every ten minutes to the 'village' centre of Ober St Veit (with a bakery, supermarket, chemist, post office, banks, a few other shops, restaurants) and on to the underground station. Three stops on the underground to Hietzing for the zoo and Schönbrunn Palace. 15 minutes on the underground to the city centre.
The centre of the city is just 30 minutes away by public transport from the house
Things to see and do:
- Schönbrunn Palace (the Emperor lived here)
- Vienna Zoo in Schönbrunn Palace gardens (world's oldest zoo)...voted Europe's best zoo in 2009 and 2010. It's really something special.
- Go to Karlsplatz for the State Opera and access to the Ringstrasse (ring road around the inner city). Take a tram around it to admire the architecture.
- Wander around the inner city and see the buildings from close-up.
- Visit the Central Cemetery and see the graves of Beethoven, Brahms, Liszt, Schubert, Strauss
- Fantastic museums, including:
...Art History Museum (super Egyptian collection) http://www.khm.at/en/
...Natural History Museum (amazing dinosaur exhibition) http://www.nhm-wien.ac.at/en?null
...Technical Museum (trains, planes, electricity, printing presses - it's all here)
...Museums Quarter (MUMOK, Leopold Museum, ZOOM Children's Museum, etc) http://www.mqw.at/
- Visit the Danube Island...rent a bike (or take ours) or go inline skating, followed by a swim
- Architecture? How about Jugendstil, Adolf Loos, Otto Wagner, Hundertwasser. Plus, the famous Werkbundsiedlung is a couple of minutes away
- Summer cinema. Every evening in July and August there's the free 'Sommerkino' outside the Town Hall. Films start at dusk. Have a snack, meal or drink from one of the many food stalls, then sit down and watch a film, show, or opera. A nice way to spend an evening!
- Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia. Go by car, train or boat (along the Danube). Vienna and Bratislava are the closest capital cities in the world - about 55km apart
- Neusiedlersee (huge shallow lake: 36km x 12km - average depth 1m, maximum depth 1.8m) is an hour's drive away... go swimming, hire a motorboat or pedalo. Stop in the village of Rust on the way and see the storks nesting on the house chimneys!
- visit the Rax Plateau or Schneeberg (=Snow Mountain), the eastern end of the Alps. Hike up or take the cable car.
- it's a one-hour drive to the Wachau. Visit Durnstein, where Richard the Lionheart was held prisoner, and the monasteries at Melk and Gottweig
- just 3 hours by car or train to Salzburg
Car swap possible. We have a Fiat Doblo with 5 seats and a huge boot, or 7 seats and small boot. Children's car seats for all ages.
**Please send swap requests to john at portal4austria dot com**
I've cancelled my membership here, but they still leave the profile up.)
- 1-2 weeks in or near Preston in Lancashire (my hometown) every year
- somewhere in Italy or Croatia with a pool
- short city trips within Europe to Barcelona, Amsterdam, London, Paris
If we swap with you, I'll help you plan your trip in detail so you make the most of your time here!
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Télé par câble
- Adaptée aux enfants
- Pas d'animaux
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- Family: mum, dad, 3 boys (aged 10, 7 & 7)
- Dad from England, mum from Austria, kids are bilingual
Where is it?
- Cafés sympas
- it's what Vienna is famous for!
- Cure shopping
- from small boutiques to big chains to designer labels - you're spoilt for choice
- Un peu de culture
- Lots of culture! Mozart, Beethoven, Johann Strauss, Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Sigmund Freud
- Promenades au parc
- Starts just down the road. Lots of super playgrounds close by.
- Un peu d'exercice
- Go walking, jogging or cycling straight from the house. Or 5 minutes away do the same or scooter or inline skate along the Vienna river (more a stream than a river).
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Bratislava (70 mins by car, train or boat along the Danube), Salzburg (3 hours), the Alps start an hour's drive away - take the cable car up to the top of the Rax plateau .
As architects, it took us quite a while to find the perfect place to create our home. Lots of light, space, a terrace off the living room, and a quick...
Penthouse with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 4 terraces on the top of a 19th century typical Viennese house. Directly located and overlooking the huge Augarten...