Our home is perfect for a family or a couple wanting to visit Sydney. It is is situated on the Cooks River withing walking distance to many beautiful parks....
Stylish and comfortable family home by the bay
Stylish and comfortable family home by the bay
Sophie and Jason
Plus d'un moisMember since
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
L'identité de ce membre a été vérifiée grâce à l'un de nos moyens d'authentification
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 2 chambres
- Couchages 4
- 2 salles de bain
Stylish Sydney house for families by the bay . Our 1930s bungalow has lovely period features. It is the quintessentially Sydney home offering a sunny back deck and level grassy garden perfect for children to play and amuse themselves. Two living spaces (including one with toy cupboard perfect for young children) allow for everyone to do their own thing. Walk down the bottom of the street (100m) and you are on the 'Bay Run', a walking and bike track that runs around a large bay off Sydney Harbour in the popular Inner West of Sydney. With easy access to the city by car (10mins) or public transport (regular buses run from the top of the st directly into the city centre), it is the perfect base for exploring Sydney. Whilst this house probably would not be described as "luxurious" (it has original art deco bathroom updated with new toilet/vanity plus a second original toilet in the well equipped laundry), it has style. We care a lot about how things look and we have selected our furniture with a certain aesthetic in mind (think: nice lighting with lamps throughout and neutral greys/whites/black. Freshly painted off white walls and sanded floorboards with lovely new charcoal wool carpet laid in the two very generously sized bedrooms). The main bedroom has a lovely bay window with huge amounts of natural light when blinds open. The second bedroom has two king single beds. We hate clutter (more to clean up at the end of the day!!!) so this house is extremely clutter free and easy to stay in. By far the biggest attraction of this house is it's local environment - a very sought after location in the small but prestigious suburb of Rodd Point (so named because it is surrounded by water on 3 sides with the sailing club sitting on the actual point). It is super easy to head out to the newly designed UTS Rowers which is a short walk around the bay to have a glass of wine overlooking the large bay just off Sydney Harbour (where everything in Sydney happens), or head down to one of the many notable parks around the bay in our immediate vicinity (within 2-10 min walk) including Nield Park for a fantastic breakfast at the Nield Park Pavilion Cafe known for it's Sicilian Eggs far and wide (this also looks towards the city over the water which is literally 10m away across the road)., or Timbrell Park which is a veritable wonderland for children of all abilities with state of the art playground equipment (even with an electronic merry go round and coffee cart with good coffee and sweet treats). Hop in the car and head to Haberfield for an amazing array of Italian food (people literally come from all over Sydney for its pasticcerias and pizza!) which is only about 2-5mins in the car (Use of our car with 2 car seats is a possibility and we are happy to discuss this further). WE ARE GENERALLY RESTRICTED TO LONG WEEKENDS AND NSW SCHOOL HOLIDAYS (AT LEAST FOR 2016/FIRST HALF 2017). OUR IDEAL SWAPS DURING THIS TIME ARE WITHIN 8 HOURS DRIVING DISTANCE OF SYDNEY.
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Adaptée aux enfants
- Pas d'animaux
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- We're a couple with two young boys and love the outdoors.
- Sophie is a clinical psychologist and Jason is a teacher.
- We do our travelling in school holidays and like experiencing places and environments different from our own.
Where is it?
- Zeus Greek Street Food, La Casa, Doytao Thai Restaurant, Kadmus Lebanese Restaurant... if you want to stay in, grab an authentic Italian woodfired pizza from Toto's Pizzeria at the local corner shops 100m from the top of our street.
- Bars cool
- UTS Rowers is a stroll around the bay for a relaxed drink overlooking the water.
- Cafés sympas
- Nield Park Pavilion - great for breakfast... particularly the Sicilian eggs (also open for lunch, dinner and in between) overlooks Sydney city in the distance from across the water. Head into Five Dock one suburb over for Tamborrino Pasticceria and cafe for the ultimate cozy cafe or Cremeria De Luca for the best gelato in Sydney.
- Cure shopping
- Birkenhead Point brings people from far and wide... an outlet shopping centre with a host of designer outlet stores (eg Oroton, Seed, Marcs, Country Road and many many more plus loads of places to eat overlooking the marina next to Iron Cove Bridge)
- Un peu de culture
- Rodd Point is one of a group of suburbs which form the cultural heat of the Italian community in Sydney. Enjoy the food.
- Promenades au parc
- Where to start?? We have so many wonderful parks minutes from the doorstep... Nield Park overlooks the water and city (with lots of personal training going on!), Timbrell Park offer BMX bike track, state of the art playground, cafe and large playing fields, there are a host of smaller neighbourhood parks also. Walk around the bay around to Lilyfield and visit another fabulous playground and explore Callan Park (huge with many old buildings which used to belong to Rozelle Hospital). There are a host of parks which dot the foreshore loop of the bayrun which is literally at our street's doorstep.
- Un peu d'exercice
- Get onto the Bay Run/Walk, a 7 km loop around the bay taking in the beauty of the local area... with amazing views out to the harbour and city, taking in the Iron Cove Bridge. This entire loop is able to be cycled also ( it has a bike lane and a separate pedestrian lane). It is very family friendly and popular at all times of day. Wander off the track down onto the beach foreshore to play on the sand or hop on a kayak. A number of gyms are dotted around the bay which are available for casual visits and there are two pools within walking distance... Leichardt Aquatic Centre open all year with a multitude of pools indoor and out and Drummoyne Pool (only operational in Summer as it is outdoor and overlooks the bay)
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Chances are you will be hard pressed pulling yourself away from all that the local area has to offer, but if you are keen for a couple of hours exploring another aspect of Sydney, hop in the car and head over to Bondi Beach (15-20min drive depending on traffic) or a little further afield to the Northern Beaches (45min- 1hr15min drive depending on which of the beaches you go to... Palm Beach is beautiful, the shopping village at AValon Beach well known for cafes and shopping and Manly for the beach including Shelley beach and the corso (lots of restaurants/bars). A quick drive to the lower north shore offers the beautiful Balmoral Beach and Bradleys HEad (where Mission Impossible 2 was filmed on the harbour there), next to Taronga Zoo. ANother wonderful daytrip involves catching a ferry from Drummoyne (next suburb) into Circular Quay and exploring the Botanic Gardens and the foreshore. From there you can take a walk into the heart of Sydney city with world class dining/shopping/views of the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and the harbour itself. Happy to provide many more suggestions depending on what you are after.
Our Stunning home is set 2 short suburbs from Cronulla Beach It has just been finished as a new home 5 min walk to local train station that give you direct...
Our Australian home on the east coast of New South Wales sits on an acre overlooking the valley and down to the Pacific Ocean and Byron Bay. It is a short...