“I have enjoyed very much my stay at Narelle and Roger's New Farm house in Brisbane. Huge house though, clean and very well organized. We had such a good communication before our swap and documented in a file in detail where to go what to do. Shopping was very close, around 7 min walking distance as well as the free river boat taxi, bus station just in front of the house. Excellent location. Thank you so much for the warm welcome, even with Swiss chocolate and a bottle of excellent wine. It was like a coming home.”
Boardwalk to Brisbane City from fabulous New Farm
Boardwalk to Brisbane City from fabulous New Farm
Narelle & Roger
Cette semaineMember since
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
L'identité de ce membre a été vérifiée grâce à l'un de nos moyens d'authentification
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 6 chambres
- Couchages 10
- 2 salles de bain
Comfortable, clean, air conditioned & character filled. Our home is tastefully furnished, with spacious rooms opening onto high, wide verandahs.
We are flexible exchangers, happy to holiday in homes smaller than ours - our priorities are location, cleanliness & comfort. Our car is available for exchange.
New Farm has a vibrant, inner city atmosphere - famous for its restaurants, cafes, market, specialty shops, performing arts, galleries, historic riverside park & playground. Everybody loves New Farm. Easy transport to City by free ferry, bus at door, or river boardwalk at the end of our road; Merthyr Rd..
Enjoy natural treasures in the heart of the city - possums scampering over the roof & owls, kookaburras & rainbow lorikeets in the garden.
Easy access to glorious beaches on the Gold & Sunshine Coasts, lush hinterland, Northern NSW, theme parks. We swim comfortably in Queensland for nine months or more each year.
Depending on our availability to travel and your needs, you are welcome to use our entire home (6 bedrooms), or our spacious self contained 2 bedroom apartment with private bathroom, front entrance, verandahs off each room and kitchenette. We live in the back section of the house. A car can be provided for conventional & points swaps. We can discuss your needs & options.
** We're interested in the UK & Europe or US & Canada 2017-19. Always interested in Aust., NZ, & Asia. We travel often; don't hesitate to contact us.
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Télé par câble
2 des comptes endus
“Everything we hoped for and more”
3 choses qu'ils ont adorées pendant leur séjour
- Beautiful, spacious, colonial home
- In the heart of New Farm, with river and park walks
- Across the road from two great cafes; one new to us and one we used to visit 20 years ago
“Hosting Christmas for our Australian family in the spectacular dining and sitting room with soaring ceilings.”
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- 50+ wonderful exchanges over 20 years!
- self employed - working in career development & education
- flexible & eager to travel extensively 2017-19
Where is it?
- New Farm is the 'place to be' for a top quality range of multi cultural cuisine. For up to the minute reviews on 50 of the best eateries go to - http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/337/40012/Brisbane/New-Farm-restaurants
- Bars cool
- In addition to the New Farm bars listed in the following websites, also search Fortitude Valley & Teneriffe for more neighbourhood watering holes. http://www.yourbars.com.au/beer_type/?action=venues&url_landing=venues&url_state=qld&url_region=brisbane&url_suburb=new-farm
- Cafés sympas
- There are so many! Our favourites include 'Chouquette' & 'Banneton' (authentic French) & 'New Farm Deli' (Italian) - all a very short walk from home.
- Cure shopping
- 'New Farm Village' is our delightful shopping precinct with a large ‘Coles’ supermarket, fabulous independent fruit & veg shop, all practical shops & services… & a great range of fashion, gifts, books & little surprises.
- Un peu de culture
- New Farm has a wonderful range of art galleries & entertainment venues (‘Brisbane Powerhouse’; ‘Judith Wright Centre’). We are also a short bus or ferry trip to the City & Southbank -, the cultural hub of Brisbane where you will find the Qld Art Gallery, Gallery of Modern Art, Qld Museum, Qld Performing Arts Centre…… http://www.visitsouthbank.com.au/artsandculture
- Promenades au parc
- New Farm is on a peninsula, tucked into an elegant curve of the Brisbane River. Walking & cycling is serene & easy on great paths through delightful riverside parks & gardens. ‘Slightly further afield are the City Botanic Gardens’, ‘Roma Street Parklands’ & ‘Southbank’ for more spectacular parks, gardens & meticulously cared for open spaces & picnic areas.
- Un peu d'exercice
- Outside our front door you'll find a bay of 'City Cycles' - our local jump on & off bike hire. There are several good gyms & yoga studios in New Farm. Narelle is a member of 'Yoga in Daily Life' - http://www.yogaindailylifemain.liveeditaurora.com/
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Think warm, pure white sand & sparkling aquamarine patrolled beaches. … there are miles & miles of them. An hour’s drive South takes you to the famous Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise, Currumbin, Burleigh Heads etc.), & North to the equally beautiful but less glitzy Sunshine Coast (Mooloolaba, Noosa, Maroochydore etc.) We also love the lush, green hinterland areas such as Maleny. Mt Glorious, Springbrook… which are refreshing & great for bushwalking. There’s also the nearby islands. Stradbroke is a favourite with Brisbane families – because it is so close & quick to get to.
A stunningly transformed New Farm residence, large in proportions and well thought out floor plan. :: Gourmet kitchen, 3 large bedrooms, main parents retreat...
Our home is a traditional timber cottage architecturally transformed to create a bright, airy and spacious family home in one of New Farm’s premier...
Our house is a fully renovated Colonial Queenslander that was completed in 2014. It is in a highly sought after suburb of New Farm in a small quiet street...