“We spent a delightful 17 days in Hahndorf and enjoyed the small farm environment 23kms from Adelaide.... - fresh eggs every day - horses at the front door - use of the family car (Mercedes) - spectacular views from the dinning table - lots of wineries to visit.”
Spacious family home nestled on 14 acres
Spacious family home nestled on 14 acres
Plus d'un moisMember since
Cette personne est un supermembre. Elle a déjà échangé sa maison, répond rapidement aux demandes ou son annonce a été vérifiée par l'un de nos moyens d'authentification. Contactez-nous pour en savoir plus.
Added to shortlist
This home is in your shortlist. To access your shortlist click the icon in the navigation
Add to shortlist
This home is not yet in your shortlist
- 4 chambres
- Couchages 8
- 2 salles de bain
Our very own rural retreat is on the outskirts of Hahndorf, one of South Australia's premier tourist attractions, being the oldest German settlement in Australia. You have 14 acres to explore, and a fabulous feeling of space and seclusion while the township is only a 1km walk away and neighbours at the bottom of the driveway.
The capital of South Australia, Adelaide is about 30kms away, with a bus leaving every half hour from Hahndorf main street.
Situated on top of a hill, the views from our home are commanding from every angle. A large open plan kitchen, renovated in 2013, allows for easy cooking while enabling you to enjoy the views at the same time. There are moments when I feel like I am living in a treehouse the views are so stunning.
If you love and appreciate beautiful wine, you will be staying in the right place, as we are smack bang in the middle of the Adelaide Hills wine region, with the most fantastic wineries within 2km - either a hearty walk or very quick drive. There are more than 40 cellar doors, hidden amongst vineyards and fruit orchards. The cool climate and good rainfall makes it perfect for producing Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc.
While our property is usually full of animals, during a house swap we would not have our own animals on the property but you are welcome to discuss with us bringing your pet or even horses. There are stables, an arena and paddocks. Perfect for children, with a soccer pitch, trampoline, and exploring space. (While there is a small dam on the property it is about 300 or so metres from the house, only thigh deep in winter and 80% time dry in summer).
Hahndorf itself is a delightful village. Settled in 1839 by 54 families from Prussia. There are still some original buildings left in the township and some of the local businesses such as the Beerenberg Strawberry Farm is still in the same family with their heritage going back to the settlers.
- Résidence principale
- Femme de ménage
- Adaptée aux enfants
- Accès handicapé
1 Compte rendu
Apprenez plus sur nous-mêmes
- Fab family of four! Daisy is a young adult, and Harry is 14yrs with a passion for soccer - hence the soccer (football) pitch! Sarah loves her animals and Mark has a passion for all things nature and is very good at fixing things!
- Mark works in the environment movement, Sarah in PR; marketing
- We love the Adelaide Hills, good food, wine and company. Our passion is our property and animals (no animals will be here though during the house swap), the open spaces, views and tranquility of our home.
Where is it?
- Restaurant 5245, the White House, The Haus
- Bars cool
- The White House, Hahndorf, Stirling Hotel
- Cafés sympas
- Beelah Cafe, Hahndorf, Organic Cafe, Stirling
- Cure shopping
- City of Adelaide, North Adelaide,
- Un peu de culture
- The Cedars, Hans Heysen's house; North Terrace, Adelaide Festival in March, WOMAD in March, loads of festivals in Adelaide
- Promenades au parc
- All around the Adelaide Hills; Heysen Trail
- Un peu d'exercice
- Walking in the hills around Adelaide;
- Randonnées d'un jour
- Stunning wineries dotted throughout the hills; kid's things, Victor Harbor, Kangaroo Island (but recommend a bit longer stay)
A modern (2008) work of art with soaring ceilings, full-length windows and 400sqm of living space. Master bedroom with king size bed, bedroom with double...
Our home was renovated in 2013 to a completely modern style, it is a beachfront home with a balcony overlooking the ocean and a rear balcony out of weather...
Our home was renovated several years ago with a new kitchen and hardwood flooring throughout, rendering and a hardwood decking verandah. There is a recently...